Search This Blog

December 04, 2008

Methi rice


Recipes that are regulars at my maternal home and recipes that I make often, food that comforts me at times when I feel nostalgic and food that I want my children to experience, so that tomorrow they can look back and cherish the memories of home and mom’s cooking.



Ingredients:

Methi leaves – ½ cup finely chopped
Methi seeds – ½ cup
Rice – 1 cup cooked
Coconut – ½ cup grated
Red chillies – 5 or 6
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Channa dal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Oil – 3 tsp
Salt – to taste

Preparation:

Take a pan and dry roast the methi seeds, coconut and red chillies and powder it.
Add oil in the same pan and heat.
Add mustard seeds, urad dal and channa dal.
Then add chopped onions, methi leaves and asafoetida.
Sauté for few mins.
Then mix the coconut powder and turn off the stove.
Now mix with rice.
Serve with chips or papad

Furl Ma.gnolia Blinkbits Meneame Simpy Yahoo DiggIt! Del.icio.us Fresqui Reddit Blinklist Netvouz Technorati

A comment would be really helpful for the Author to keep going and Post Better. So, Post a Comment to this topic and Share your Views to It. I really appreciate your Comments

Add a Reply / Comment

No comments:

More related links for this site :-